logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Large Memory usage while using log4j
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:29:45 GMT

No, there was no decision. However, one change that should work well is to
have the Layout.format() method take a Writer (or a Stream) as a parameter
instead of a string and change the return type to void instead of String. I
think all of the Appenders that make use of a Layout could painlessly
survive this change with the exception of JDBCAppender.

Regardless, I want to study log4j memory usage for myself because there is
sometimes a difference between reports and reality.

At 12:54 18.12.2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Ceki,
>
>Did we decide to adopt all/some of the changes Chris proposed for v1.3?
>
>-Mark

Ceki