logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Raj <sanjayrajs...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: RE: Log4jControlServlet
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:08:51 GMT
Luther,
   Would this work with configureAndWatch? Also we use
log4j within a weblogic cluster. i wonder how it will
behave in a cluster, my guess it will change the
levels on the server which handled the servlet request
while on other server within the cluster it will
remain unchanged?

Raj

--- Luther Birdzell <lebirdzell@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I originally wrote this servlet so that I could
> dynamically adjust logging levels remotely in
> instances where I did not have convenient access to
> the log4j configuration file but did have access to
> the application log.  For example: the config file
> was in '/WEB-INF/properties' on a managed server (no
> direct access), but a log was written to a shared
> drive that I could access.  I have also found this
> servlet helpful when I use the command line to load
> the config file (i.e.

-Dlog4j.configuration=file:%WEB_APP_PROPS%\log4j.properties)
> instead of loading the config file in a startup
> class using the configureAndWatch method.
>
> Luther

=====
617.591.9104 (R)
617.794.2615 (M)