logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Moral <ricardo_mo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is the purpose of TriggeringEventEvaluator?
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:14:39 GMT
They are diferent things. The filter will determine
wich logging events will be logged. The triggering
evaluator will decide when is time to send a mail.
This doesn't mean that the logging event will be
logged or not. For example if the triggering event
evaluator returns false this means that the appender
will not send a email but the logging event is still
stored in a internal buffer and will be sent later
when another event returns true for the triggering
event evaluator.