logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject RE: BufferAppender and CyclicBuffer
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:05:50 GMT
Ole,

I did a quick search, and the only class in the log4j library that appears to be using CyclicBuffer
is o.a.l.net.SMTPAppender.

Just so we understand what you are proposing:

1) A patch to CyclicBuffer that when resized to a smaller buffer size, keeps the newest messages
instead of the oldest.
2) A new BufferAppender.

Have I got that right?

We are always interested in patches and code that log4j users/developers think are useful.
 No one needs permission to post submissions to this forum.  If they feel their change is
really important, they might need to prod/politic us committers to "see the light" and apply
their changes, but obviously useful code will not be turned down.  Though, it might take some
time and review...:-).

So, please post your code.

-Mark