logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Bajjuri, Naveen" <naveen.bajj...@etrade.com>
Subject dailyrollingfileappender cannot rollover when application is not running.
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:57:16 GMT
Hi,
	I have a question regarding log4j properties.I want my log file to
roll every day.
	I am trying to use DailyRollingFileAppender.

log4j.appender.FileAppender=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
	log4j.appender.FileAppender.File=./logs/client-log.txt
	log4j.appender.FileAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
	log4j.appender.FileAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=%c-%p,
%d{DATE}, %t-%C{3} -- %m%n
	log4j.appender.FileAppender.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd

	Actually this appender with these parameters tries to roll at
midnight.So if the application using log4j is not running at midnight it
wont rollover.

	Can anyone help me?

	Is there any other way of making the log file roll every day..

	Thx
	Naveen Bajjuri