logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "FLYNN, Peter -Syntegra UK" <Peter.FL...@syntegra.com>
Subject JMS Appender
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:26:07 GMT
Would it be possible with the JMS Appender to provide a non JNDI way of
obtaining JMSConnections?

I'm using File JNDI at present for JMSAppender (and IPlanet LDAP
eventually).  The original custom logger that I am currently
replacing with Log4J uses parameters - Broker, Host and Topic to point to
the JMS Broker.

We then have the appropriate JMS client JAR in the classpath and it
connects.

It would allow quick JMS connections for Log4J, that could be changed by
simply changing the parameters.

What does everyone think?  I know its not as elegant as JNDI.

Regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without
reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com