logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: FW: Internationalization/ResourceBundles in messages?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:29:32 GMT

It would be interesting to analyze the differences in
internationalization support in log4j and JDK 1.4 logging API.  I
doubt the latter has any better internationalization support as
historically it was not the case. I might be wrong -- things are
known to change.  If you fancy working on this topic, don't let anyone
stop you.

As a personal note, I think it was an error for log4j add
internationalization support when it did a long time ago.  This is one
functionality better left out of a logging API.

--
Ceki

SUICIDE BOMBING - A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY
Sign the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/1234567b
I am signatory number 22106. What is your number?