logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. McAngus" <...@infinet.com>
Subject Re: Updating millisecond timestamps.
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:58:49 GMT
I added parse because of the way LF5 works.  My original change broke
LF5 because it assumed dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss,SSS for the time logged.  It
then tried to parse the time string back into a Date object so it could
obtain the long timestamp.  In order to fix the problem, I implemented
parse(String, ParsePosition).

Since then, I've realized that what LF5 wanted was the timestamp, so my
most recent changes (which I haven't yet submitted) includes a %R option
in PatternLayout which provides the long millisecond timestamp directly.

Still, why shouldn't DateTimeDateFormat and ISO8601DateFormat be able to
parse the Date/Time Strings that they create?

--
Cheers,
Mike McAngus