logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Moore <jim.mo...@veritas.com>
Subject RE: Options for appenders
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:09:36 GMT
Standard JavaBeans convention.  So if you have a option called "president"
that wants the name of the current U.S. President, you would have a method
called setPresident(String pres) and getPresident().  Then, in the
log4j.properties file you would have a line like "MAIN.president=Bush"

You can find the archives at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&r=1&w=2 and
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-dev&r=1&w=2

-Jim Moore

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Udstrand [mailto:gbu@completeis.com]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 7:28 PM
To: log4j-dev
Subject: Options for appenders

    I am writing my own appender and would like to pass in some options.  I
am not sure that I quite understand the mechanism that is to be used to do
this, can someone give me a point in the right direction?  I apologize if
this has been asked and answered in previous dialogues but I was unable to
find a way to access the archives.

Thanks
-Gary