logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject RE: SetLocationInfoFilter, was: [SUBMIT] GenericMatchFilter.java; SetLocationInfoFilter.java
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:58:09 GMT
Hey Ceki,

> Reading the code for GenericMatchFilter my impression was that is
> factored out the acceptance/denial logic in StringMatchFilter. I am
> trying to judge if after factoring, the logic is simpler or
> on the contrary
> more complicated. I tend to think that it makes the logic simpler but
> am unsure.

Let me play with it some more this weekend and see if I stay happy with it.
I'll also post some subclasses and sample configurations for people to look
at.

> As for the typo in your name, I apologize. I usually double check the
> was I spell names but somehow did not catch that M != W. Sorry.

Not a problem.  I research my family genealogy, and you can't imagine how
many ways Womack gets spelled, let alone pronounced, all because of typos by
census taker's, etc.  But hey, maybe you can.  I've been meaning to
ask...how do you pronounce your last name?  Just a side question.

Also, if you do create the contrib/MarkWomack/ directory, would it be
possible to put the current watchdog package in there?

Have a good weekend,
-Mark