logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Soutter" <ge...@molten.com.au>
Subject RE: FYI/PATCH: Log4j bug masks part of Orion's stack traces
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:18:54 GMT
Hi Ceki,

> It's a privilege to have one of the JSR47 experts on this list.

Ahh, thanks for the sarcasm. :-) I always thought of myself as an
"expert" rather than an expert.

> Thanks for the bug report. I have just added two new print
> functions in ThrowableInformation.VectorWriter can you let me
> know if this solves the problem with Orion?  I appreciate it, Ceki

I haven't tested it, but by the look of the code it won't work, because
Orion calls print(String) rather than print(Object) or print(char[]).

Also, VectorWriter still doesn't fully implement the PrintWriter API, so
it's still buggy. You've just papered over the cracks...

Geoff