logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject [POLL] Commercial documentation
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:06:09 GMT

Hi All,

I am pondering whether it is possible to earn revenue by offering
log4j documentation online, a bit like what JBoss is trying to
do. Needless to say, the log4j API (the software) will always be
licensed under the Apache Software license and would include some
basic documentation. However, writing good documentation is very time
consuming and I'd like to see if I can get paid to do it.

This documentation will be based on the long log4j manual which was
until recently part of log4j 1.2 alpha3, alpha4 and alpha5. However,
the latest alpha6 does not include it. This document carried a clearly
visible copyright notice. It was always copyrighted by me and not the
ASF.

Do you think this is an honorable approach? Your comments on the
subject are welcome. Thank you.

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch