logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gulcu <ceki_gu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Folding log4j-cvs into log4j-dev
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:07:31 GMT

--- Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> My feeling, for what it is worth: merging the -dev
> and -cvs mailing lists
> has two effects: (1) cvs commits get a larger
> audience, and (2)
> non-developers flee to the -user mailing list.  I
> consider both effects
> positive.

In addition to uniformisation, (1) was on my fiendish
agenda. (2) is not bad either.

> This being said, I view the choice of mailing list
> structure are subproject
> decision.

I think I see where you are going. At the time the cvs
was set, I very much appreciated the fact that one of
Jon, Pier or Sam (you) allowed the cvs list without
too much resistance. That was cool.

Having experienced the importance of CVS messages, I
now think only people who are willing to put up with
CVS messages should be on the dev list. It took me
about a year to get this. Better late than never.

Regards, Ceki