logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "CRANNEY, John" <jcran...@westpac.com.au>
Subject HTML Appender
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 02:43:10 GMT
 <<logSample.zip>>

Hello all. Apologies if this is not the correct forum for these questions
but I can't find any answers on the log4j site.

We have developed a HTML appender that we use for remote monitoring. Among
other things it color codes by priority making fatals and errors stand out.
(sample log attached). We find it a lot more flexible than the existing HTML
layout.

My questions are as follows:

1) Is this worth contributing back to the project, ie is anybody interested
in using this?
2) If this is worth using, how do I contribute it? I have no CVS access as I
am behind a firewall
3) At the moment it work fine, however I have the feeling that it could be
made a tad more elegant if I understood more about PatternParsers. If I
contribute the code can somebody else look at it and advise me?

Cheers

JC