logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Coleman <scott.cole...@soltima.com>
Subject RE: write log to different files
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:46:33 GMT
Hi Lisa

I am not an expert on log4j, but I think you can add filters. One such filer
is a StringMatchFilter (or at least it is in the api), you could use this to
filter out the messages you do not want going to one of the log files.

Can you please confirm that you want some of the messages to go to both
appenders?

Regards
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Yuan [mailto:lyuan@ambernetworks.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 3:07 AM
To: 'Log4J Developers List'
Subject: write log to different files

Hi,

  I am new to log4j. I try to find a solution for following situation.
Within same category, I like to write some log statements to file1 and
suppress those log statements in file2. File1 and file2 are attached to same
category.
If I use two file appenders in same category, log requests will be
sent to both files, right? How can I control to send log statements only to
file1 and not to file2
within same category?

Thanks for any help,
Lisa