logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Bjorn Bength <bjo...@home.se>
Subject NDC
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:33:48 GMT

I love log4j and even more so the concept of NDC.
But i _really_ would need to push something other than
a String object onto the stack...
Is there a logical explanantion of why it only supports strings?
(or something that i missed).

In my case, where im writing a special Appender to communicate with an
old legacy log server, there are one or _more_  vars (not always
strings)  belonging in _one_ context that i easily can wrap up in a
container object
and push onto the stack. Think about HttpServletRequest object that my
custom appender wants some data from.

Yes, of course i can push and pop like a frensic or implement it
specifically
in my version of log4j or just create long strings that i later parse.
But i would be cool to just push an Object.

/Bjorn