logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [tyrex-dev] Tomcat 4.0 Tyrex configuration
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:12:17 GMT
Riad Mohammed wrote:

> The code added to Logger to turn off all logging of messages was done
> temporarily and was never supposed to be part of an actual release.

What concerns me is that this is code in a static initializer which may
soon be shipping with Tomcat (apparently with or without a release per
previous discussion with Remy) which will preclude tomcat users from using
jakarta log4j 1.2 beta today and the release when it comes out.

> The code that Assaf refers has been added.

That code has the same characteristics.  If a vote for a tomcat release
comes up with this code, I will vote against the release.

- Sam Ruby