logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Moore <jim.mo...@veritas.com>
Subject RE: OracleAppender and SendMaiAppender.....
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:53:31 GMT
You could've saved yourself a lot of work by poking around the Log4j package
a bit more, as both capabilities are already there: SMTPAppender and
JDBCAppener.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colussi Kevin [mailto:kevin.colussi@volvo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 12:38 PM
To: 'log4j-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: OracleAppender and SendMaiAppender.....

Hello,

I'm new to this list and really only bring offerings..... I have
written a SendMailAppender (SMTP email based on Java Mail 1.2)
and an OracleAppender (Oracle database logging via JDBC and
an object I call OracleStoreObject)....... Both of these objects extend
the org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender and implement runable for threading....
If anyone is interested... I'll send the source to you and you can use it
where or how you want....  Keep up the good work!

-- Kevin Colussi
Sr Web Developer