logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject JUnit Tests?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 22:04:31 GMT
Can someone give me a head start on running the existing log4j JUnit tests?
I wrote a test program to test the WeakHashMap version of NDC, and verified
that it works as expected (for threads that are not strong referenced, they
are automatically dropped from the NDC hash when the thread objects are
finalized!).  I want to turn this into a real JUnit test instead of the
hacked code I have written.  But, I can't even get the existing JUnit stuff
to run.  I have used JUnit before.  I think I need to understand what
targets to build, what classpath to use, script to run, etc.

Also, is it ok to implement the JUnit test as an inner class?  In order to
really check the NDC hashmap, it needs to be implemented as an inner class
that has access to the static ht member.  This class could always be
excluded as part of the ant build...

-Mark