logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mats Henricson <m...@talaris.com>
Subject Re: Threading Questions
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2001 23:20:16 GMT
> How does log4j handle threading issues when run inside an app server such as WebLogic?
 More
> specifically, with the file appendars, are there any issues with file IO?  Any help would
be
> appreciated.

Hi!

We're running log4j in a WebLogic environment. It has worked
just fine until now. We've started to do some heavy load
testing, and the logging seems to choke our system.

I have raised concerns in this forum that the synchronization
block in AppenderSkeleton.doAppend() is far too large, and that
that could be one reason, but I have not been able to back it
up with tests or numbers.

Still, I am getting a bit nervous. I may have to hack a bit
in log4j, to see if that helps.

Mats