logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject Removal of deprecated methods
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:56:17 GMT

Hello all,

As most of you have already know, log4j 1.1 has deprecated the
following methods

String[] getOptionStrings();
void setOption(String key, String value);

defined the org.apache.log4j.spi.OptionHandler interface. This interface is
implemented by most log4j appenders and layouts. In particular, all
appenders and layouts shipped with log4j contain these deprecated
methods. They have become totally redundant after we moved to
JavaBeans style configuration. They make life more difficult for the
component developer and hence will be removed in log4j version 1.2.

I will gradually remove them from the code in our CVS repository.

Log4j configurators will behave exactly as they did before. Thus,
users will be totally oblivious to this change. Developers who have
written their own appenders (or layouts) should also see their
appender (or layout) work with log4j version 1.2.

Best regards,

ps: As a side effect, the nasty deprecation warnings will disappear.

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch