logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: SocketTextAppender class
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 20:13:28 GMT

Dan,

The SocketTestAppender changes very little code with respect to the SocketAppender. If I am
not mistaken it requires a matching server. In any case, we should perhaps modify the SocketAppender
and SocketServer to support text messages as well as LoggingEvents.

On another register, I am unhappy about the removal of the Apache copyright and the removal
of my name as the author. Renaming a file and adding a few lines of code does not give you
the right to remove the copyright. This is plain illegal. Removing the name of the author
is unethical. Please keep these two points in mind in the future. Regards, Ceki

At 14:16 23.05.2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I attached the wrong file by accident.  The changes have been made.
>
>Dan

Ceki Gülcü