logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Newbie question: how to implement a Log Server
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:14:12 GMT
Michael,

There is already a SocketAppender included in the distribution. Why are you writing it again?
Ceki

At 11:46 13.03.2001 -0600, Michael Roytman wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been working with Log4J since yesterday and this is my first post so, I
>guess,
>I can qualify as a newbie. :)
>
>I am writing a Log Server which is supposed to collect log records from
>our java apps and pass them to client app(s).
>I have taken log4j sample of SocketServer and wrote a simple SocketAppender
>which emulates log records as if being sent from our java apps for testing
>purposes.
>Everything seems to work just fine.
>Now the question: how do I go about extending my SocketServer to register
>the log clients and forward the log records to them?
>Any code samples or RTFM pointers are very much appreciated.
>Thank you.
>
>Michael Roytman
>Software Developer
>Novarra, Inc.

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: cgu@qos.ch (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15