logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gulcu <...@urbanet.ch>
Subject Re: Logging in restricted environments (EJB Container)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:12:56 GMT

Jürgen,

Many people have reported to have used log4j in an EJB environment. I have
seen this recently: http://theserverside.com/home/thread.jsp?thread_id=3288

Log4j does not contain any entity or session beans. However, it allows
logging using files (an EJB no-no but it seem to work), sockets or JMS.

Only very select components, namely the AsyncAppendner and the
SocketAppender have underlying threads. The SocketAppedner fires a thread
in case of connection failure and will attempt to re-establish the
connection. I just realized that this feature cannot be turned off. I'll
fix this for the next release.

Cheers, Ceki