logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gulcu <...@urbanet.ch>
Subject Re: Null pointer exception with AsyncAppender
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:55:38 GMT

OK. I think I have identified the problem. You are right, in case of
multiple close calls to AsyncAppender there will be a exception due to the
fact that there is no longer a dispatcher. The fix is very easy:

Just add

if(closed) {
   return;
}

to the top of AsyncAppender.close(). I'll make a new release incorporating
this bug fix shortly. Thanks again for the bug report. I wonder why my
tests did not catch this... I am puzzled! Regards, Ceki