logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Taylor <cstay...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: JMS and JNDI
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:22:47 GMT
Ceki,

It would cool if we could access Log4J from JNDI if we¹re in an enterprise
environment like EJB.  The way I currently accomplish that in Weblogic is
through a Startup class (one of those classes that gets loaded before the
server turns over control to the application).

Something like the following:

> InitialContext ctxt = new InitialContext();
> CategoryFactory factory = (CategoryFactory)ctxt.lookup(²java:comp/env/log4j²);
> Category log = Category.getInstance(²fully.qualified.class.name²,factory);

-Chris