From "Millard, Andy" <Andy.Mill...@misys.com>
Subject How to set LockingModel in Log4cxx (if possible)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:44:20 GMT
Is LockingModel implemented for log4cxx (0.10.0) as it is for Log4Net ?

For example, in RollingFileAppender

  <lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+InterProcessLock" />

or

  <lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />

It doesn't appear to be working for me. Maybe I have something
configured incorrectly but I would like to know if the feature is even
enabled before I waste too much time getting it to work.

The objective is to permit viewing of an active log file (on Windows)
using tools other than Notepad.  WordPad and other editors are failing
to open the file because they file is in use. Notepad allows the file to
be viewed without any error.

If this is not supported in Log4cxx 0.10.0 what are the alternatives?
E.g. suggested code changes to log4cxx itself?  A later release of
log4cxx, although I have not found one.

Thanks

"Misys" is the trade name for Misys plc (registered in England and Wales). Registration Number:
01360027. Registered office: One Kingdom Street, London W2 6BL, United Kingdom. For a list
of Misys group operating companies please go to http://www.misys.com/corp/About_Us/misys_operating_companies.html.
This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners.
This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy
it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does
not constitute the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys plc. Please refer
to the executed contract between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity
of the contracting party with which you are dealing.