From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: log4cxx 0.10.1 release plan (Re: link error in release mode with Visual Studio 2008 on log4cxx-user)
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 04:39:19 GMT
Cross posting on log4cxx-user since the question was asked there.  Followup discussion should
be on log4cxx-dev.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org>
> Date: May 11, 2010 11:38:19 PM CDT
> To: Log4CXX Dev <log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org>
> Subject: log4cxx 0.10.1 release plan (Re: link error in release mode with Visual Studio
2008 on log4cxx-user)

> On May 10, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Reynolds, John wrote:
>
>> Good to see you back Curt. Any dates on next release?
>>
>> I meant what executable format ( looked it up, it is Mach-O ). I knew it wasn't ELF
even though it does use the FreeBSD tools.

> I've just logged http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-363 for a subsequent release.
 If there are bugs that really should be addressed before a release, mark it as a blocker
on LOGCXX-363.  If there are any bugs that you believe that you think are ready to go, please
mention them on the list.   Making VS 2010 happy would be one of them.

> I had really good intentions to work a log4cxx release as soon as I got through log4j
1.2.16, but that took much longer than I expected and there are still some aftermath issues
that need to be cleaned up.