From Dale King <dalewk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: application property
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 14:41:09 GMT
It does allow it, since I know that I've done it. Unfortunately that was
with a previous employer so I don't have access to the code.

I don't know if you can do it through the configuration file. I think I did
it using an MDC property in my app's initialization code as in:

   MDC::put( "application", "myapp" );

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Prestel, John D. <John.Prestel@ngc.com>wrote:

>  Does log4cxx provide a way to set the “application” property on logging
> events via, presumably, an appender’s configuration? Chainsaw uses this
> property to determine which tab a log message should land in. It seems log4j
> provides the ability to do this, but it’s not clear where log4cxx stands.
> Reference: *http://markmail.org/message/5ufciwvzoqyeqc5x*<http://markmail.org/message/5ufciwvzoqyeqc5x>

Dale King

View raw message