From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: link error in release mode with Visual Studio 2008
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 13:33:41 GMT

On May 10, 2010, at 4:52 AM, Reynolds, John wrote:

> As he is new to programming on windows, I suggested ant as it takes the build of log4cxx
out of the Visual Studio as what he has built is corrupt in someway. It also enforces a clean
build.
> Better to start in small steps. Build the DLL and then in Visual Studio setup a new clean
project for his application.

> Things like __declspec are a pain to understand to people coming to it from a platform
like ELF ( no idea what Darwin is ).

> The first line of this link explains the fact that a lib file can be for a static or
DLL library.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a90k134d%28VS.80%29.aspx

Thanks everybody for helping out.  Encouraging to see the traffic though I have been distracted.

Darwin is the open-sourced kernel that Mac OS/X is built upon.