From "Shea Ray-B27964" <B27...@freescale.com>
Subject log4cxx/log4j interoperability
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:44:31 GMT
Apologies if this has been answered before, but I have been searching
and haven't found an answer.
We have an application that is a mix of Java and C++ code, and are
wondering if we can use log4j and log4cxx together to log to the same
file, assuming each is defined with appenders that point to the same
file, and assuming both Java and C++ are running in the same process.
Is this as simple as defining the proper FileAppenders on both the Java
and C++ side, or do we have to use something like SocketAppenders?
Our goal is to have a single unified log so that users don't have to try
to correlate intertwined log messages from two different log files just
because the log messages originated from within different code spaces.
I've used log4j for years but am new to log4cxx.
Ray Shea
Senior Software Engineer
Freescale Semiconductor

View raw message