From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compilation Error -Log4cxx 0.10.0 on AS3 Redhat Linux (gcc2.96)]
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 03:56:15 GMT
When I checked the archives, it appears that you have reported this
before.  From log4cxx-user in July 12, 2008 I replied:

> gcc 2.96 was a prerelease version of gcc 3.x and has an incomplete
> implementation of the C++ Standard Template Library (see http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html

> ) . I have been able to get messagebuffer.h to compile by forward
> declaring std::ios_base and replacing std::basic_ostream<char> with
> std::ostream and similar changes, but there are also compilation
> failures in cachedateformat.cpp and properties.h and there may be
> others. I do not intend to work around gcc 2.96's limitation.

gcc 2.96 is an odd-ball compiler disavowed by the gcc team.  I'm not
saying that I'd be opposed to integrating patches to work around its
limitations as long as it doesn't compromise current and/or standard
compliant compilers.  However, there is nothing that motivates me to
work through the issues with this compiler for you.