From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to build library without explicitly linking to APR and APR-UTIL?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 21:55:28 GMT

On Jun 6, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Omayre Zahid wrote:

> Is there a way to build log4cxx under linux, without explicitly
> linking to APR and APR-UTIL? In other words, when I type "ldd
> log4cxx.so", both of those libraries will not be shown. I have tried
> a few of the flags, but no luck.
>
> Thanks

If you disable building shared libraries when you build APR and APR-
Util, I believe log4cxx would link with the static libraries which
will eliminate the dependency on the shared libraries:

cd apr
./configure --enable-shared=no
make clean
make
cd ../apr-util
./configure --enable-shared=no
make clean
make
cd ../log4cxx
./configure --with-apr=../apr --with-apr-util=../apr-util
make

There may be other ways, but I think that would work.