From "mercury linx" <mercury.l...@dreamcubes.com>
Subject log4cxx tutorial
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:20:48 GMT
Hi Guys, when I first started using log4cxx about a year ago I was stun by
its unavailable and limited sample usage, had to filter through the log4j
documentations and test and trial to find out the proper behavior. (I'm a
copy&paste-first-ask-question-later person ;) .

I've put up a sample usage with a sample XML configuration file that
demonstrate the following appender at:

   1. org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

   2. org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

   3. org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender

   4. org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

   5. org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender

   6. org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender

   7. org.apache.log4j.net.XMLSocketAppender

Some people may prefer BasicConfigurator format, but I just think the
DOMConfigurator format makes more sense to me : )

And of course, the credit are still to those who actually contribute to the
log4cxx project, (I'm a copy&paste-first-ask-question-later kind of person
remembered? ;) .

View raw message