From Andrew n marshall <amars...@ISI.EDU>
Subject XML Configuration
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:34:59 GMT
Until I hear how to configure with the default initialization, I am
using the DOMConfigurator directly.  My log4cxx.xml contains a snippet
from the RollingFileAppender documentation:

    <appender name="ROLL"
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
        <rollingPolicy
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
            <param name="FileNamePattern" value="log.d{yyyy-MM}.xml"/>
        </rollingPolicy>

        <layout class="org.apache.log4j.XMLLayout"/>
    </appender>

but the DOMConfigurator chokes on the rollingPolicy:

log4cxx: Parsing rolling policy of class:
"org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy"
log4cxx: Setting option name=[FileNamePattern], value=[log.d{yyyy-MM}.xml]
log4cxx: Could not create the RollingPolicy. Reported error follows.
log4cxx: Illegal state

I'm guessing it is the XML snippet that is the culprit, as it has other
issues (<root">).  Does anyone have a working example input?  Or is this
just a bug in the code?

Anm