From thinktwice <iunknown...@hotmail.com>
Subject link error when i build a test project in vc2008
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 02:32:55 GMT

i create a empty console project and add the sample file
"examples\console.cpp" into my project. when i build the project.
i get this error message:
Error	33	error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: void __thiscall log4cxx::ConsoleAppender::setTarget(class
std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class
std::allocator<wchar_t> > const &)"
(__imp_?setTarget@ConsoleAppender@log4cxx@@QAEXABV?$basic_string@_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@@Z)
LogTest.obj	LogTest

this error caused by this sentence
:appender->setTarget(LOG4CXX_STR("System.err"));
if i comment this sentence. it'll build successfully.

i have build log4c++ successfully, what i do is copy the log4c++.dll,
log4c++.lib to my test project. my log4c++ version is 607362.

could anyone tells me what's the problem? i'm totally a newbie .