From "Stephen Bartnikowski" <sbartnikow...@barkinglizards.com>
Subject RE: Most stable version of log4cxx?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:51:23 GMT
Platforms...I should correct myself. I've got activated, licensed systems
running FreeBSD, openSUSE, White Box, and Mac OS X Server.

I have previously used trial versions of SUSE Enterprise and Red Hat
Enterprise to make sure my product was compatible with the enterprise
editions. The trial licenses have probably expired by now.

As for my Fedora box, it got cannibalized a few months ago, but the new
hardware is sitting in my office waiting to be reinstalled.

Really, I was just trying to say that my product supports all of those
different platforms and that I should invest some time into log4cxx if I
want a reliable logging system on all of those platforms.

That being said, yes, I am willing to help out as time permits with testing
on the platforms I have available: FreeBSD, openSUSE, White Box, Mac OS X
Server, and Fedora, when I revive that machine.

Btw Curt, Mac OS X provides some nice profiling tools in the
Developer/Applications/Performance Tools folder if you want more options. If
we can get the build issues worked out on that platform, it would be pretty
easy for me to profile log4cxx in use with an app.

So please keep us informed as we're needed.

Thanks,
Stephen