From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Appenders and Thresholds
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:31:52 GMT

On Nov 9, 2007, at 4:08 PM, srikanth sampath wrote:

> Hi,
> Can we set thresholds per appender, for example - print everything
> to a file, but only warnings and above to the Console.
>
> I see that thresholds can be set only to loggers, and does not work
> with appenders.
>
> Thanks!
> --Srikanth

Both log4j and log4cxx should support setting thresholds on
appenders.  appenderskeleton.cpp does implement a setThreshold method
and also setting the threshold using the setOption method which is
should be enough to allow the configurators to work.  Did you try a
configuration file that included setting the threshold on an appender
and it did not work on log4cxx?  If so, could you share your
configuration file?