From renny.ko...@rubixinfotech.com
Subject Re: Why, is it impossible to build log4cxx on Solaris 10 ??
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:52:11 GMT
supervixen <syrocax@gmail.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 09:42:14 AM:

> Hi,
> I've been desperately trying to build log4cxx (0.9.7) to Solaris
> sparc and it's been a painful week even trying to build it,
> So here's my problem :
> I'm using Sun C++  5.9 SunOS_sparc compiler on Solaris 10
> and the i have installed the autotools
> -autoconf 2.60
> -automake 1.10
> -libtool 1.5
> -m4 1.4.2
> ( downloaded from sunfreeware as solaris packages)

I have not tried to autogen it... I've just ran configure & then make,
and it seems to work fine for me... been using it since 2005.

> QUESTION1 : Have I installed the right versions (of the autotools) ?
> Is there a compatibility issue that I am not aware of ?

Not sure

> QUESTION3 Has anyone ever built/tested log4cxx with Sun C++
> compiler, and if anyone has, can he/she be so kind to describe it
> step by step (i'm clueless )  or better than that, could anyone just
> zip and email me the binaries?
> indeed, my project canĀ“t wait any more to have this log library running!

Yes, I downloaded the tar file, did a configure, then make... Works like a

charm.  If you want me to tar up the directory and make it avial, I can do
that.

There is one change in our lib which saves and restores the TZ variable,
as
0.9.7 seems to obliterate that env. var.