From "Andreas Fester" <afes...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling under Windows
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 07:42:43 GMT
Hi,

Listen wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> 1. I'm able to compile log4cxx from the HEAD revision from svn using the
> ant build system, but the size I'm getting out is much bigger than the
> one I found in  http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx. The size found
> in in the archive is about 497kB where mine is about 1.900kB. Even my
> release version is about 1.300kB. What am I doing wrong?

Can you be more specific about how you built the software? Usually those
differences are the result of building with vs. without debugging information,
but my build includes debug information AFAIK, so the size ratio should be
reversed ...

> 2. When trying to build log4cxx with visual studio 2005 and apr-1.2.7 as
> DLL (yes, I know this is not the supported way) I get one unresolved
> external: apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout from
> SocketImpl::accept(SocketImplPtr s) in sockeimpl.cpp. Any hints?

I have seen this once before, but was not able to reproduce it;
again, can you be more specific about how exactly you built it?

Regards,

	Andreas