From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expected release of 0.9.8 (mee too)
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:49:48 GMT

On Mar 31, 2006, at 1:05 AM, anton wrote:

> Richards Jon <JRICHARDS <at> qinetiq.com> writes:
>

>> May I enquire as to whether there is a planned release date
>> for version 0.9.8?

Actually, I suspect it will be 0.10.0.  Only differing in the minor
version implies binary compatibility which there is no intent to
achieve.

There has been a task list (see below) and most of the big issues
have been knocked out.

> Yes this is a thing I would like to know too.
>
> Is there somewhere like an actual status/roadmap/todo list?

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-62.  Haven't reviewed it
for a little while, there may have been some newly created bugs that
should be added as stoppers and maybe some bugs that should be closed
out.

> Sorry for asking .. but 0.9.8 is on the way
> since .. don't remember .. a year??

At least.

> People looking around might get the impression
> its not ready for use and there will never
> be an "official" release.

I understand.  There was a long period that log4cxx was in the
incubator and could not do an official release.  We've long since
moved out and need to put 0.9.7 out of its misery.