From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: localization
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:27:33 GMT

On Feb 15, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Araceli HENLEY wrote:

> I have three questions:
>
> What locale's does log4cxx support?
> Is there a Visutal C++ project file for 9.8
> Is there a target date for the new release?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Araceli

log4cxx has no or limited awareness of locale.  Like log4j, it should
follow the currently set C or C++ default locale when formatting
dates, etc.

Microsoft Visual C++ project files can be created from the Ant build
using "ant build-projects-vc6".  See INSTALL for more details on the
Ant build.

Good intentions but no hard date.  The blocking issues are listed in
a JIRA bug (http://issues.apache.org/jira) but JIRA is down at the
moment.  One of the big issues (at least for me) is eliminating the
dependency on libxml2 and/or MSXML3 and I'm working on that.