From "Yang Xiang" <yang.xi...@quest.com>
Subject Newbie Question: No appenders could be found
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:34:45 GMT
I have a C++ app which was compiled and linked with log4cxx. I am using
the default configuration

log4j.rootLogger = DEBUG, A1
log4j.appender.A1 = org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern = t-%-60c%m%n

But it gives me error on my app startup:
No appenders could be found for logger
(mrw.fn.__gnu_cxx.__common_pool_policy<__gnu_cxx.__pool,
true>._S_get_pool).
Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.
Could not instantiate class [org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender].
Class 'org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender' not found
Could not instantiate appender named "A1".

Do I need to install log4j classes in order to instantiate a console
appender? All I need is for log4cxx to printout debug information to a
file.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Yang Xiang
Quest Software