From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to use an environment variable
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:19:45 GMT

On Feb 14, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Keshavan, Rango wrote:

> I want my log4j.properties to use an environment variable which
> specifies the base home directory, so my log directory will be off
> that.  Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks!

My recollection is that log4cxx exposes all environment variables in
the same way that LOG4J exposes JVM system properties.   Which means
that you would just use ${HOME}/foo.log to create a foo.log directory
in the user's home directory.  Also, I believe that the current SVN
HEAD also exposes the equivalent of some of the built-in Java
properties so you could also do ${java.io.tmpdir}/foo.txt or $
{user.home}/foo.txt.