From Mihai Rusu <di...@roedu.net>
Subject x86_64 problems
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:57:03 GMT
Hi

We are using log4cxx in a small project here. Our initial development
platform was x86 but now we want slowly to also add x86_64 support for
our project. We have found 2 strange things happening with log4cxx 0.9.7
on x86_64 different than on x86:
- it seems to putput an empty log message when destroying a LoggerPtr
object
- it seems to crash (gdb shows a crash in log4cxx library)

Obviously, this all can happen just because of our code bugs. But Im
trying to debug and see why it happens. I thought I should first update
to latest log4cxx CVS and try to reproduce the problem with that.
Unfortunetely I don't seem to be able to compile CVS on x86_64. After
installing apr and apr-util 0.9.6 when I try to compile
log4cxx-0.9.8_cvs14072005_030502.tar.gz I get this error:

asyncappender.cpp: In member function `virtual void
log4cxx::AsyncAppender::close()':
asyncappender.cpp:111: error: `apr_atomic_xchg32' undeclared (first use
this function)
asyncappender.cpp:111: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once for each function it appears in.)

Anyway, do you know of any log4cxx 0.9.7 x86_64 bugs ? Do you know of
some happy users of this library on this platform ?

Thanks!

--
Mihai RUSU                                    Email: dizzy@roedu.net
GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt    WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net