From Jeff Lynn <jmly...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is it safe to use log4cxx in multi-threaded environement?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:44:00 GMT
Hi,

Is is safe to log to the same log file from multiple worker threads with each thread calling
the following to get a new logger instance:

LoggerPtr logger = Logger::getLogger("Test1");

whereas the main thread configured the logger as:

PropertyConfigurator::configure("log4cxx.properties");

I understand I can use the socket listener for multi-processes and multi-server environment
but just wonder if it is safe if my app only runs in a single server with multiple worker
threads.

Thanks!

jml