logging-log4cxx-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:16:07 GMT

On Jan 30, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Andreas Fester wrote:

> This patch fixes the localized logging which was still #if 0'ed out.
>
> To read the resource files, a FileInputStream class was added.
> This aligns the class structure better with the java world,
> instead of having read/write methods directly on the File class.

log4cxx::InputStream and log4cxx::FileInputStream in the patch work
on characters and are therefore really aligned with java.io.Reader
and java.io.FileReader, not their java.io namesakes.  If there is to
be a log4cxx::InputStream its methods should be using
std::vector<unsigned char> instead of LogString.

I'd support either simply renaming the InputStream and
FileInputStream classes to Reader and FileReader and accepting the
patch as a basis for further work or let you try to split out the raw
byte-level IO classes from the character based classes.