logging-log4cxx-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Steiner <peter.stei...@hugwi.ch>
Subject Re: RollingFileAppender issues
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:47:34 GMT
Hello Christian

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:26:39 +0100, Steindl Christian wrote:

> Hi Peter,

> I had the same problem, so check my PropertyConfigurator patch on
> this mailing list or
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10550.

Thanks, Christian, your patch works indeed. The example on
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-102 was not complete,
though: I got an error parsing my properties file:

log4cxx: The FileNamePattern option must be set before using FixedWindowRollingPolicy.

After I inserted the following line for the FileNamePattern it worked:

log4j.appender.FILE.rollingPolicy.FileNamePattern=sample-%i.log

I had some trouble finding documentation for the allowed patterns. A
good source for examples is the testcase tests/rolling/filenamepatterntestcase.cpp
or the preliminary log4j documentation:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api-unstable/org/apache/log4j/rolling/FixedWindowRollingPolicy.html

Regards, Peter
--