logging-log4cxx-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom Appender Question.
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:49:08 GMT
This is a more appropriate questions for log4cxx-user, not log4cxx-dev.
You might want to read
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=log4cxx-
user@logging.apache.org&msgNo=649 where I was reply to someone who was
having problems getting an custom appender recognized.

It is hard to diagnose your problem from just the header file. If you
didn't have a IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT macro, then your class would
never get registered.

I would suggest starting with the tests/src/customlogger/*.cpp files
and then step-by-step modify them to your objective. I do not know how
log4cxx maps the Java class names in the configuration file to the C++
class names.  I'd guess that it just compares the final element in the
Java class name with the C++ class names and the Java package and C++
namespaces are ignored. That said, I would avoid defining classes in
the log4cxx namespace or making up class names in org.apache. Shouldn't
cause any great harm, but it is good just to keep those for ASF use.