logging-log4cxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Kadarkarai, Prabhakar \(Prabhakar\)" <prabhak...@avaya.com>
Subject Custom Appender Question.
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:57:25 GMT
Hello All,

I would like to add my custom appender into log4cxx library. I have the
following MACRO in my custom appender header file.

namespace log4cxx

            namespace namespaceMSMQ

            {

                        class MSMQAPPENDER;

                        typedef helpers::ObjectPtrT<MSMQAPPENDER>
MSMQAPPENDERPtr;

                        class MSMQAPPENDER : public AppenderSkeleton

                        {

                                    public:

DECLARE_ABSTRACT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT(MSMQAPPENDER)

                                                BEGIN_LOG4CXX_CAST_MAP()

LOG4CXX_CAST_ENTRY(MSMQAPPENDER)

LOG4CXX_CAST_ENTRY_CHAIN(AppenderSkeleton)

                                                END_LOG4CXX_CAST_MAP()

                                                MSMQAPPENDER();

                                                MSMQAPPENDER(const
LayoutPtr& layout);

                                                ~MSMQAPPENDER();

                        }

            }

}

My xml Configuration file looks like below.

            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

            <log4j:configuration  debug="true"
xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">

              <appender name="Test"
class="org.apache.log4cxx.namespaceMSMQ.MSMQAPPENDER">

                <layout class="org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout"/>

              </appender>

              <root>

                <priority value ="debug" />

                <appender-ref ref="Test" />

              </root>

            </log4j:configuration>

When I tried to configure the xml configuration file using
"DOMConfigurator::configureAndWatch(_T("../library/msmqlogging.xml"))"
it couldn't create the appender? Looks like it couldn't find the
appender name. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PK